Supporting the individual well-being of our employees is essential to our safety culture. We champion healthy lifestyles and offer resources encouraging our employees to put their health first.
Comprehensive Health and Well-Being Program
- Preventive care
- Physical health benefits
- Mental health support
- Work-life integration
Supporting Employee Health
Across the company, employees are offered preventive programs and are incentivized to complete an annual screening for common health-related issues. In 2022, 62% of our workforce completed a health check and received a reduced insurance rate as a result.
Competitive Health Benefits
As outlined in our benefits brochure, we offer competitive medical and dental benefits to employees and their eligible dependents who enroll. These benefits include a health savings account or flexible spending account and a Teladoc membership, allowing employees to connect in minutes with a board-certified physician.
Recognizing Mental Health Needs
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a foundational component of our benefits package, supporting our employees’ emotional and mental wellness.
All employees have access to our EAP from the first day of employment, regardless of their health insurance plan. Employees and members of their households each receive six free, confidential counseling sessions per issue, per year. Our EAP also provides referrals to help employees and their families cope with different life stages and challenges, such as prenatal planning, child or elder care, financial guidance and resources and legal support. In 2022, our EAP provided approximately 350 services to Chesapeake employees and their families.
In 2022, on World Mental Health Day (Oct. 10), Chesapeake announced a new benefit: Well-Being Day. Each employee now receives an additional floating personal holiday to be taken at any time during the year to give employees extra time to pause, relax and recharge.
We believe that workplace flexibility helps optimize professional success and gives our employees added time and energy for life’s responsibilities. Our “Work for Your Day” policy empowers employees to choose their work locations based on their department needs, workloads and schedule. Learn more.
“We want to make it clear that mental health is just as important as physical health and safety at Chesapeake.”
–Toni Parks-Payne, Vice President – Human Resources and Employee Services
Through our inclusive benefits, Chesapeake focuses on supporting our working parents and employees who want to expand their families.
- Parental Leave: We offer up to four weeks of paid parental leave for all employees. This is in addition to the short-term disability benefit available to birth mothers.
- Adoption Assistance: The company covers $20,000 in qualified adoption expenses and offers paternity leave to adoptive parents. Read more.
- On-Site Childcare: On our corporate campus, Chesapeake offers one of the only employer-sponsored childcare facilities in the state. With more than 63,000 square feet of inspired early childhood learning and development, the building is just steps away from our employees’ offices. Read more.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account: Employees may contribute tax-free to a flexible spending account for expenses related to caring for children under the age of 13 and/or disabled dependents of any age.
- Child Care / Elder Care Referral: EAP offers a free, confidential referral service to research and advise on child and elder care.